Friday, March 21, 2014

Some people wear many "hats"

There's no doubt that no matter who we are or where we are in life, we where many "hats", but I like to think that for me, it's best described as many "shoes."

I was going through my closet and found that my shoes really do tell a story about me.  More importantly, just how diverse I am and how cool that is!  I'm sure we all have a few adjectives we would use to describe ourselves, some flattering,  others, not so much.  But if we truly looked at ourselves differently, like through our shoes, then maybe we would see ourselves a little better?    Maybe we would see that we can be that person we want to be by what we put on our feet.

Want to be active?  Then throw on those sneakers and get moving.
Want to feel sexy?  Then slip on those heels and be that person, own it.
Want to get fit? Those spin shoes can only be for spinning, so sweat like a girl!
Throw on a pair of flip flops and you instantly relax.

People ask me everyday, 'how do you do it all?'  I never know how to answer them.  But I guess by looking at my shoes I realize that I do "do it all."    Maybe you do too but never gave yourself that much credit.  Or maybe there's some "shoes" that you haven't worn lately and maybe should.  Today, open up that closet and check out your shoes.  What do you see?  If you see that your sneakers are way in the back but your comfy "outdoor" slippers are pretty worn, maybe it's time to switch things up a bit.  If your heels are collecting dust, brush them off, put them on...you never know what comes next ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment