Monday, February 10, 2014

FOR SINGLES ONLY

Hey!  You're not single!  But that's ok...you're welcome to read on....you never know.

Embrace Your Singleness!

On Friday, couples everywhere will be celebrating their love for one another.  That's so sweet, isn't it?  (insert that face you're making here) For those of you who won't be sharing an embrace, opening up a gift, showered with flowers, wined, dined and all that comes with it, it's time to make a change, that is, if you're ready.

Be Ready.

Here's the deal.  No matter if you're over 40 or under it's about putting the best YOU forward.  I was recently asked by a 37 year old woman if I knew of someone I could introduce her to.  She claims she's done online dating for a few months and didn't find anyone she liked. She's cute, athletic, divorced,  no children...sounds like a catch, right?  But then I asked to see her online profile, this is where I realized what went wrong.  She was attracting the wrong kind of guy.  In fact, she wasn't attracting any!

What NOT to Write. 

I decided to do a little spying.  I went online and read a lot of online profiles of both men and women.  What I realized pretty quickly is that most people have NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY!  Here's an example of a recent profile:
(Single Woman) "Iam looking for a good hearted man with a sense of humor.someone who is honest and caring someone who is active and spontaneous a lover of animals the beach I hate couch potatoes lol..."
Ok, first of all, who doesn't want a good hearted, honest, caring man?  Right off the bat, this tells a guy what YOU want, not WHO you are.  I beg of you, plead with you, if you're writing your online profile please use correct grammer, and  remember, you're not texting so lose the "lol's", "omg's'  WTF?

Here's another:
          (Single Woman)   I'm tall, thin with natural long dark red-hair... I modeled for a long time. I believe that's why I look the way I do, always looking my best was instilled in my brain."

Really?  I can here the guys clicking "next" as we speak.  But ladies, don't worry, the Guys are just as bad.  Here you go:

"I'd like to meet someone who has teeth..."   I can't make this stuff up.

"There are a lot of criminals looking for partners in this place. I must admit, this, place, is getting rather, numbing - the "obligatory" either/or selection of faces - the over-all discontinuity of this conceptual "dating".     Whaaaat?

"I'm big on trust and faithfulnes you take good care of me and il take good care or you i want i girl that is into showing me love and trust wants to be a mom and a good stay at home mom..."  Um, does this guy know it's 2014.

WHAT TO WRITE.

Writing an online profile sucks, plain and simple.  There's so much pressure to get it right.  Let's face it, if someone likes your face the next thing they'll look at is your profile.  You want to be witty but not dorky, coy but not cocky, honest but not too honest, but most importantly you should be YOU.

WHERE TO START.

Stay tuned!  Log on tomorrow and I'll show you examples of what works.  Until then, think about what makes you, you!  Don't over think it, don't try to be someone you're not.  Girls and Guys can read through your embellished profiles.  Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. Til tomorrow.XO 





No comments:

Post a Comment