Tuesday, January 7, 2014

FORGOTTEN LUNCH...

AGAIN.  Ok, what is a Mom to do?  For the (I have no idea, I lost count) at least 12th time this year, my 15 year old daughter Caty forgot her lunch. 

1.  Should I bring it to her like I always do?
2. Leave it in the fridge at home to teach her a lesson?
3.  Well, that's about all the choices I have.

So, if I choose #1 then will she ever learn?  What incentive will she have the next time to remember to grab it before charging out of the house?  But if I choose #2 she'll be hungry!  Maybe she'll pick at her friends lunches at school, a cookie, a chip, but nothing healthy and then she'll starve, and get a headache, she won't be able to concentrate on her Math test in the afternoon...and then she'll get a C and I'll feel horrilble!  OMG.  Mom guilt is the worst.

                                                                 Caty..

So, guess what I did?  I took it to her.  She texted me and said, "thank you Mommy"  I guess sometimes we just do what we feel is best and pick our battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment