Friday, January 24, 2014

MOM ON A ROLL

Most things I let roll off my shoulders...but seriously?  How difficult is it to take the 10 seconds to put the toilet paper on the roll?  Yes, it is 10 seconds, I timed myself to prove it!

So after I replaced the roll, because let's face it, us Mom's are martyrs, I went around my home to find other infractions...oh, there were a lot!


A chore half done.  Yes, you emptied the basket but will it kill you to bring it back upstairs to the bathroom? 

 
This is just yucky.  Dishes left in the sink, again, how difficult is it to follow through?



How many of you find empty boxes in the pantry?  You take the last one you throw away the box.


No trash bag in the basket?  What? You couldn't find one to replace it?  What's that roll behind the basket?


This morning I got out of the shower and there weren't any towels in the linen closet...well that explains where they all went to. I have a towel hoarder.

  As parents we always find ourselves saying, 'pick your battles.'  Trust me, I do.  But at the same time if we don't teach them how to take responsibility for the "little" things, when it comes to more important responsibilities what's the incentive to follow through on those if there's no consequences?

No comments:

Post a Comment